IIC Asia Telecommunications And Media Forum, Malaysia Loading
- 29 Jan, 2024
- 1207 views
The International Institute of Communications (IIC) is putting finishing touches to the annual Asia Telecommunications & Media Forum on telecommunications, multimedia and digital transformation, built for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia next month.
“We are delighted to be working once again with our colleagues at the Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission (MCMC),” according to a media advisory received from the DG at the IIC, Lynn Robinson..
We learn that IIC’s Strategic Partner and Industry members are putting forward senior leadership to speak, including:
• Group Chief Executive Officer (GCEO) and Managing Director, Axiata Group Berhad, Vivek Sood
• Senior Vice President, Head of Investment Management and Deputy Head of Asia, Telenor Group, Håkon Bruaset Kjøl,
• Vice President & General Counsel International, Operations and Regulatory, Verizon Communications, Navid Haghighi
We inform that National regulators, content providers, telcos, big tech and civil society will definitely be at the forefront of the discussions even as the IIC website is constantly updated so interested participants are encouraged to be checking the website to see the latest speakers to confirm.
The forum will focus on the following areas:
• Investment in digital transformation
• WRC-23 wash-up; 5G/6G realities
• Content and the creative economy
• Digital economy trade agreements
• Harmful online content
• Unsolicited comms, phishing and fraud
• AI governance
For regulators there is the additional benefit of contributing to the Regulators Roundtable on February 5, hosted by Chairman of the MCMC Tan Sri Mohamad Salim bin Fateh Din. “We know how much value is derived from this opportunity to meet in a closed, senior, collegiate setting – the perfect opportunity to share insight and experiences prior to the Forum itself. This year there is the added bonus of a site visit to the Axiata CyberFusion Center,” added Ms Robinson.
Registration is still ongoing and interested parties should visit the IIC website to register.
- Arts & Culture
- Clifford Agugoesi