Combating Loneliness- Moving Forward Project
Loneliness is has a big impact on our overall health and can affect the ways its functions. The issue of loneliness has been highly impacted by the lockdown as a result of the inability to socialise with people and limited contact with family members
Impress Community organisation is working with over 50’s- to address isolation and loneliness. Moving Forward Project is based on health and well-being.
- The program is designed to combat social isolation, depression, loneliness, and other related health and wellbeing issues. What we will deliver. Digital remote delivery model includes.
- Digital home visit (One to One and small groups),
- Regular telephone check-up calls and online targeted activities.
- Basic IT training eg WhatsApp, telegram, Twitter, email, Blogging, networking, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Walking fitness for over 50’s
- Gentle online exercise
Networking through fun activities and games ( bingo and card games)7. Motivational speaker- talking to them about health and well-being awareness.
- Written by:
- Janet T. Ogundayo
- United Kingdom
- 20 Mar, 2021
Like it No likes
- 76 views